Sunday, January 22, 2006

Two In One Day?

I know, I know. I go on a hiatus for a few years, then all the sudden plunk down two blogs in one night. But I felt compelled to write as for some unexplainable reason I was thinking a little bit about that William Hung guy. Remember him? That weird oriental kid who sang really crappily on American Idol, then performed the national anthem for a few sporting events, and even released a CD? It sort of saddens me that people can turn this guy into some sort of cult hero for just being a horrible singer who was completely oblivious to how bad he actually was. Let's be honest here people, nobody goes on American Idol assuming they suck. Look at that gag spinoff show, American Superstar (I think that's what it was called) on the WB. All of those contestants were horrid, but they thought they were spectacular. Why are we feeding these peoples delusions? Oh yeah, because it's frickin' hilarious!!! I think that for the next show we should run a modelling contest and have only the most hideously disfigured people advance. Or maybe have show like the bachelor, except at the very end he picks one lucky lady, and then everyone comes out and laughs at her as he dumps her and tells her that he actually thinks she is a complete idiot and that she's fat and ugly. Come on, wouldn't this be great? I think not. But depressingly, someone somewhere is probably actually thinking of doing this. Maybe we can make a show about the person making that show, and then laugh when he gets his ass kicked by the duped contestants at the end. Now that's entertainment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home